33 year old G 2 P 1. Gest week 40+1. VBAC. Normal pregnancy. Admitted to hospital contracting since 02.00. Admission test normal. VE:Cx ful-ly effaced, dilated 3 cm, vx -2.
- 09.04 IUPC inserted and FSE applied.
- 10.40 IUPC comes out and is replaced with an external toco transducer.
- 12.18 IUPC inserted. VE: Cx fully effaced, dilated 4 cm, vx -2. Epidural sited.
- 16.30 VE: Cx fully effaced, dilated 5 cm, vx-1. Oxytocin infusion started.
- 20.30 VE: Cx fully dilated, vx at the spines.
- 22.29 Active pushing started.
- 22.45 Baby girl born. Birth weight 3 550 g. Umbilical cord once around the neck and once around the body.
Apgar score 8/10
A case with hyperstimulation despite previous section. Fetus cannot keep its baseline towards the end, however labour progresses well with active pushing.