CTG Case 22
A 21 year old G4 P3 in gestation weeks 40+7 with normal pregnancy is admitted to the labour ward in spontaneous labour since 01.00 am.
- 07.05 VE: Cx fully effaced, 8 cm dilated, vx at 0 station, intact membranes.
- 08.05 Labour continues. ARM, clear liquor draining. FSE applied.
- 09.07 VE: Cx fully dilated, vx +1. The patient is coping well and using breathing technique. Trying to improve the CTG tracing by changing position to left side.
- 09.18 CTG tracing is normal after maternal change of position.
- 09.50 Patient feels a strong urge to push and active pushing starts. Vx visible when pushing.
- 10.13 SVD. Baby girl born. Birth weight 2995 g.
Apgar score: 9, 10, 10.
Intervention such as changing maternal position is a first step to improve fetal condition. In this case there was an improvement and the patient had a normal vaginal delivery.